La Casella is a four bedroom, four bath/shower room house which sleeps eight. On the top floor in the old tobacco tower is the master bedroom with a dressing room and bathroom with a separate walk in shower. On the floor below are two twin bedded rooms, with a spacious shower room between them, and a large sitting room with a fireplace. On the half floor below is a guest room with a queen sized bed and adjoining shower room. The ground floor contains a large and extremely well equipped kitchen with doors leading out to a terrace on one side and to a herb garden on the other. The kitchen also gives on to a large dining room with two sets of French doors. On this floor there is also a utility room and a shower room. Finally, on the floor below, which because the ground slopes is a ground floor, is the second sitting room/library with two sets of French doors leading out to a covered loggia with ample seating.
The large terrace has a marble table which seats 12 under a vine covered pergola, and a selection of comfortable chairs from which to enjoy the view.
The house is set in 16 acres of its own land, with a track behind leading to just two other houses a kilometre beyond, and is down a short drive (rather than the long white road leading to many country houses). The surrounding fields are mainly cherry woods, which are wonderful to look at in the spring when six hundred cherry trees are in blossom. There are some old oaks, and a small olive grove, a stand of walnut trees, and one of hazel and some wild woodland. The ground is mostly steeply sloping, although there are flat areas adjacent to the house and pool. The garden has been designed to be drought resistant, so rather than a lawn there are gravel gardens filled with aromatic plants and grasses. There are also fruit trees and a vegetable garden which guests are welcome to enjoy. A table tennis table is set in the herb garden near the kitchen, where there is also a barbecue.
Near the house is a 16m by 4m dark grey salt water pool which reflects the sky. There are shallow roman steps at one end and the depth ranges from 1m to 2.5m at its deepest. It is surrounded by olives, lavenders, thymes and salvias which scent the air. There are umbrellas and eight sun loungers. Included in the rental price is pool cleaning 5 days a week so the pool stays sparklingly fresh.
The house may prove challenging to anyone with mobility issues, as it is set on a slope and is on several levels which have, naturally, stairs between them. These and the unfenced pool may also be difficult for toddlers to navigate and parents of young children should be aware of the layout.
- sleeps eight
- master bedroom with superking bed, ensuite bathroom and dressing room
- two twin bedrooms, one with a small dressing room, sharing a large shower room
- double bedroom with queen sized bed with an adjacent shower room
- separate shower room
- two sitting rooms, one with a large fireplace, one with french doors to the garden
- dining room seating 12
- large well equipped kitchen with range oven and five burner hob, American fridge freezer with ice maker, separate fridge for drinks, dishwasher, travertine double sink and large kitchen island
- coffee machine, food processor, kettle, toaster
- utility room with marble sink, washing machine and tumble dryer, ironing board
- two televisions and dvd players (no satellite tv)
- MP3 speakers
- broadband with wi fi
- lots of books and games
- underfloor heating
- abundant parking
- terrace with marble table seating 12, additional armchairs and tables
- loggia with outdoor sofa, chairs and tables
- numerous other outdoor chairs
- 16x4m pool with 2.5m deep end and wide roman steps at the shallow end, and eight sun loungers
- table tennis table
- herb garden
- fruit trees
- small vegetable garden
- olive grove
- cherry orchards
- hazel and oak woodlands